AITS EVOC TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSE
This course will qualify instructors to present the classroom portion of the training and provide an orientation to the practical driving exercises. Each participant will act as a student and coach for ambulance driving exercises.
Participants will deliver a practice presentation on one of the lessons and be evaluated, receiving feedback on both areas for improvement and things they did well from their peers (fellow participants) and our instructors. Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Participants also receive a flash drive containing the complete EVOC Instructor Guide, Participant Manual and all Power Point visuals, a copy of the Federal Specification for the Star-Of-Life Ambulance and a listing of other useful references that are available from the federal government.
Each participant will have the opportunity to practice editing the Instructor Guide to include local and state rules and regulations. The edited version can then be printed and reproduced to meet your organizational training needs.
AITS President, Billy Rutherford, was the technical manager and US DOT liaison for the development of the National Standard Curriculum. Billy has conducted numerous T3 courses. He has managed the development of over 400 hours of pre-hospital care multimedia and Internet training. Jeff Leonard is an EMT-P with over 20 years experience in EVOC training and high performance EMS management.
Here are just some of the area locations and organizations that have attended the Train the Trainer (T3) Courses: Phoenix Fire Department; Tucson Fire Department; Austin, Texas EMS; Phoenix College; Rural Metro/Southwest Ambulance, PMT Ambulance, Tempe; The Fire District of Sun City West; River Medical; Sierra Vista Fire Department; St. Johns Emergency Services; Lifeline Ambulance, Prescott, AZ; Ton to Basin Fire District and Sun Lakes Fire Department. Since 1994, AITS instructors have been conducting the T3 courses throughout the U.S.
The cost for each participant including all course materials is $595.00. Interested individuals and organizations may contact AITS at 703.440.0914, Fax: 703.440.9005 or email@example.com. Payment may be made by business check or major credit card. Each course is limited to between 12-24 participants.
Course Training Dates EVOC - "T3" Train-the-Trainer
AITS is continually developing our schedule. Once the dates are posted on the Course Schedule page of this Web site, the course is officially scheduled and open for registration. Courses shown for the U.S. Coast Guard and other military departments are often also open to the public.
Special consideration may be available to your organization if you choose to partner with AITS as one of our host facilities. If you are interested in sponsoring a course, or for more information, contact Billy Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.440.0914.
ALSO AVAILABLE FROM AITS: TRAIN THE TRAINER (T3) COURSE MATERIALS
American Integrated Training Systems, Inc (AITS, Inc.) Resource Materials, Train the Trainer (T3) Course CD-ROM or flash drive. (Revised)
American Integrated Training Systems, Inc. has revised the Training Resources Materials used to support the Emergency Vehicle Operator training course. This material is copyrighted by American Integrated Training Systems, Inc. (AITS). The revised edition contains the following materials:
1. US Department of Transportation (DOT) Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC): (Ambulance) National Standard Curriculum, Instructor Guide in Microsoft Word. The Instructor Guide is designed to be edited for local use. Once edited the document may be reproduced to support local training.
2. Enhanced PowerPoint Visuals with and without Instructor Tips for each lesson in the Instructor Guide, PowerPoint visuals: Decontamination of an Ambulance. (This presentation was developed by Orlando Alcordo, Clinical Services Manager, PMT Ambulance Company, Mesa, Arizona.)
3. US DOT, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Guide for Interfacility Patient Transfer.
4. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) FA-197 : Developing Effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Fire and EMS Departments.
5. US Department of Transportation Guidelines for Educating EMS Educators.
6. US General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Specification for the Star-of-Life Ambulance, KKK-A-1822F.
7. FEMA FA- 336 Emergency Vehicle Safety Initiative, 2014.
8. FEMA FA-330 USFA Traffic Incident Management Systems.
9. USDOT Traffic Incident Management Handbook
10. EVOC Certificate of Completion form. This certificate may be used only by those trainers/instructors who have completed the AITS, Inc. EVOC Train the Trainer Course. The AITS, Inc. qualified trainers must have conducted the EVOC operator level course using the US DOT National Standard Curriculum (NSC) and the National Fire Protection Association NFPA 1002 for fire apparatus. Training must include the classroom and vehicle operation exercises.
Send any comments or recommendations for documents to be included in these materials to:
Billy Rutherford, AITS, Inc. 7932 Lake Pleasant Drive, Springfield, VA, 22153-2707
Email: email@example.com, Tel: 703.440.0914, Fax: 703.440.9005
All Materials on CD-ROM or Flash Drive - $95.00 (includes shipping)
Paper-based manuals are also available in a 3-ring binder with tabs for each module, lesson and appendixes.
Instructor Guide-$85.00 (plus shipping), Participant Manual-$65.00 (plus shipping)